Small Business Saturday
NOVEMBER 24, 2018
Shop Small in the heart of it all Downtown Boise !
For communities to thrive, their small businesses need to thrive.
That’s the idea behind Small Business Saturday. And the idea has caught on!
On Small Business Saturday, 2017*:
- · 43% of adults, or an estimated 108 million consumers reported shopping or dining at local independently-owned businesses, generating roughly $12 billion in reported spending.
- · 70% of U.S consumers are aware of Small Business Saturday, and in addition to support on Main Streets, shoppers turned out for online small businesses – with 35% reporting that they Shopped Small® online on November 25th alone.
- · 90% of consumers surveyed said Small Business Saturday has had a positive impact on their community.
- · 73% of consumers who reportedly Shopped Small at independently-owned retailers and restaurants on Small Business Saturday did so with friends or family.
- · Shoppers made Small Business Saturday an all-day affair, as 58% of those who participated in the day reported shopping or dining at more than one small, independently-owned retailer or restaurant on Small Business Saturday this year.
- · On a national level, nearly half (48%) of consumers who participated in Small Business Saturday reported visiting a small business that they had not previously been to on Small Business Saturday.
Dine Well, Shop Unique
Downtown Boise is the largest concentration of small, independent business in the state of Idaho. Dozens of businesses in every district of Boise’s Downtown are taking part in Small Business Saturday. Many offer guests festive, exclusive promotions and events designed to make the experience a special one.
Stamped Passport? Win a Downtown Boise Gift Card!
The Small Business Saturday Downtown Boise Passport is available at participating merchants. Pick up the Passport, collect the number of stamps from individual merchants, then enter to win one of six $50 Downtown Boise gift cards. Go to downtownboise.orgfor a list of participating merchants. Completed Passports are collected at Rediscovered Books at 8th & Idaho Streets. Downtown Boise gift cards are good at more than 300 merchants!
“Small Business Saturday in downtown Boise is a fun day to meet friends and family, and enjoy a day that’s as much about community as it is shopping. Merchants downtown always give their visitors a great experience as well as unique, fabulous finds, and it’s always more meaningful knowing our purchases directly support our neighbors,” said Lynn Hightower, Executive Director of the Downtown Boise Association.
Community Support Makes it Happen
The Downtown Boise Association is registered with American Express as a Neighborhood Champion. As Shop Small Business Saturday enters its 9th year, the DBA is honored to work with partners equally dedicated to supporting small business including the Boise Farmers Market, Buy Idaho, the Capital City Public Market, the Small Business Administration, Rediscovered Books and Idaho’s Small Business Development Center
Experience, Enjoy, Be Something Special - Be Downtown Boise
*data from the 2017 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, released today by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) and American Express (NYSE:AXP)Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce to make the day a success.